An exciting time of year is approaching (stop being a grinch if you think else). I spoke to a good friend of mine, Liv and together we have created some tips to a mindful Christmas. Hacks for pre-christmas and Christmas Day.
Starting with the big one:
Personally, I love giving presents. I also love giving meaningful presents and not just "because" presents, practical, beautiful & thoughtful.
- Secret Santa: It is an easy way to reduce the amount of gifts, because, why do we need stuff, just because? do we even use it? and... I'm not a huge fan of being told what to buy someone, but wish lists with a general idea of what someone is needing, is a great idea. That way its purposeful and practical.
- Buy local & small: It is a gift for the business in itself. Small businesses are trying to keep up with the big dogs, support them, which supports their families. Keep a community spirit alive.
- Invest in Santa sacks: Finally say goodbye to wasteful Chrissy wrapping. You can reuse these sacks for your birthday and many more festive seasons to come.
- Make gifts: A present from the heart is always appreciated.
- When buying online, check their shipping policies! Do they ship with a shit load of plastic? and double check... will it even get here on time? With the cut off for ordering online early December.
- Say no to plastic cutlery, plates and napkins. Whilst it may seem inconvenient to wash dishes after large gatherings, it isn't impossible. Many hands make light work.
- Reuse any gift paper, kids around? Let them draw and craft up.
- Do we really need those bon bons?
Small & thoughtful
- Gift a coffee, muffin and good chat
- Pack a picnic, take some wine, relax
- Make some cookies
- Write a letter or send a card
- Apres Studio, this brand has all considerations for the planet from apparel to packaging
- Nu movement, A new activewear brand that has complete transparency